Thursday, January 24, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Doily Box, Part 3


 Another installment of The Doily Box!



I love any sort of doily that's out of the ordinary, and this neat "square in a square" design is right up my alley.  I'd love to find the pattern.  Below is a similar doily in variegated thread.




I have no idea what to say about this.  The significance of the two pineapples at the top of the doily are intriguing... any ideas?



Here is one I made - I like traditional patterns with bold colors.  Something different.


Someone had a lot of patience to makes all these small flower motifs...





The embroidery on this vintage dresser scarf really caught my eye.  It's done with a heavier, twisted thread, and has an almost "relief" feel to it.


I saved my favorite, at least for this post, for last.  I love crocheted butterflies!  And this one is large - about 24 inches across, likely made for the back of a sofa.  I found it at a garage sale.  It's a little frayed in one spot, but I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to get rid of such a beautiful piece!  And the previous owners were probably wondering why anyone in their right mind would want to BUY such a thing!  

But wait... there's more... next week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - these are truly stunning. Hard to imagine where these women found the time to do this kind of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful! And aren't you talented to have made one of them! The pattern of the first two is unusual. I haven't seen that before. I especially like the color in the 2nd one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mother crocheted this same butterfly about 50 years ago and I have it framed... never, ever could I part with it.

    ReplyDelete